So it's been a long time since my last post, not too much has happened since the last one except my kids and I and a friend from work took the Rhine River Cruise a few weekends ago it was a lot of fun and very hot as well okay not so hot but very humid and coming from Vegas for 5 years that has no humidity it was nasty! This was the first trip the kids have been on since coming here and I would love to take them on some more before we PCS, a couple of my friends are also overseas and I hope to see them both before we leave as well, my sweet friend Angie is stationed in Italy and my friend Fran is stationed in England, my son and my friend Angie's son played sports together back at Nellis for several years and were even in class together (poor teacher). So anyway about the trip, our first stop was at a castle called Burg Rheinstein, it was a beautiful castle built in the 10th century destroyed and rebuilt several times, here are a couple pictures from the castle.
This was on the way up the castle, yeah it just proved to me how out of shape I was, but I must say I passed a lot of people then again I had to keep up with the kids.
And this one is from one of levels in the castle and a little cage they would put people in I guess to torture them

This is our boat the vater Rhein we were on this boat (on the top) for about 2 hours, it was so very relaxing.
The kids and I on the boat
One of the many castles on the Cruise, it was just so pretty, castles, vineyards you name it

My babies, yeah I know they are really babies anymore.
This monument was just amazing, it's called the Niederwald Monument, the size of this was just crazy.

At the end of our tour we had lunch/dinner at a local German restaurant and had schnitzel, yes very bad for you but so very good, after dinner we did a wine tasting, I had one sip and that was enough for me I am not a drinker, oh yes and also they tried to give my kids wine as well, emm I don't think so!
So that is all for now, until my next trip or project.
2 comments:
How FUNNNN!!!! Good for you...glad you got out and explored with the kids. :o) Tell everyone hi!
OH! I've been to Burg Rheinstein Castle! But I was probably 5 or 6 and I don't really remember. I hope we get to hang out sometime soon. Andrew misses Cam! and I miss you too of course!
Post a Comment