Tuesday, December 9, 2008

It's happening again

What you ask? My husband is deploying again for six months and it's happening really really soon! We are to move into base housing in Jan and I will be doing that myself. Things here just aren't the same for me as they were at Nellis, I had so much support and a wonderful circle of friends that I think this one is going to be extra hard for me because I just don't have that here. I am really missing my family and friends right now. My family seems to be busy and I haven't heard much from them. I do however have a great job and an awesome boss so I am thankful for that, I can say that I actually really do enjoy my job!
You can definitely tell it's winter in Germany, it's really cold this morning when the kids and I headed out to go to work it was only 27 outside, oh gosh I haven't been around that cold almost 6 years.
So I am trying to get into the spirit of Christmas, I haven't done my Christmas cards yet or put up the tree and I have all my stamping stuff sitting all over the table waiting for me but I just can't seem to get motivated. Any suggestions?

Okay I think that is all I have for now, until next post. I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!

3 comments:

Angie said...

Hey Nicole! I hope your holiday spirit starts to pick up. You'll be getting my card in the mail soon. You'll make it through the deployment no problem, just be strong, and hey, maybe I can come visit you sometime during it!

Shannon Wallace said...

When does Brad leave? I know it must be super hard. Maybe things will start to fall into place once you get on base. I know that being on base seems to be comforting for you, so I suspect that just as soon as you get moved in, you'll make some really awesome friends!

I have NO suggestions for getting motivated to stamp! LOL I have the same problem lately. I am not sending out nearly as many as I did last year. But you ranked special enough to receive one from me, so yours is in the mail and should arrive really soon! No worries if you send me one, I know you are super busy!

HUGS:o)

CinC_Home said...

That stinks! As if deployments aren't bad enough, they've stuck a move in there just to make it extra fun. But just think - you'll get to put everything where YOU want it!

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am a proud Air Force wife and a mommy of 2 kids my son Cameron who is 11 and my daughter Jacki who is 7. We are currently in Germany and loving it, Germany is so beautiful.